Wednesday, September 26, 2012


 My National Holidays.




Personally, I don’t used to celebrated the National Holidays because politically I disagree with the interpretation and signification that they had taken all throughout history. For me, we shouldn’t to celebrate the Independence of the country because is not real. I do not believe in the story of the “chilenidad” or something that it sounds similar to this concept.

But the Holydays also have a good side, and is that it gives the possibility to share with the family and you can take a rest in middle of the year.  In this sense, in my family we have a tradition that we tries to carry out all the years. This activity is organizing a meeting at house of someone of the clan to eat delicious empanadas and drink a little or big glass of chicha or whine depending of the energies of the guests.

I remembered with special affection the encounter of the last year. We went to my sister’s Daniela house in Casablanca, a beautiful valley in the fifth region. In this occasion, my mother made the empanadas and my sister the barbecue. Also, there were two special persons: my uncle died and my another sister. It was beautiful situation.   I couldn't help bursting out laughing with my aunts and uncles, sisters and fathers.
The best was the end, a fresh dessert of peach and a long walk around a close vineyard.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you, have a good side, that date its a extra-time to pass with friends or family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Casablanca, you could invite me

    ReplyDelete